Re: Asus 900 EEEPC can't connect to access point

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Alexey Salmin <alexey.salmin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I have 901 (ralink) myselft and thus I'm not sure the way
> things work for 900.
> try "lsmod | grep ath" to see whether the ath5k module is loaded.
> google also says that it may help to purge the madwifi driver:
> http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/debian-user@lists.debian.org/12709624.html

I purged madwifi, modprobe'd ath5k (working), changed ath0 to wlan0 in
wicd settings... but I still get the same behavior: unabel to get IP
address via DHCP, can't contact the access point with manual IP/DNS
settings.

P.S. reposted to list due to misclick on reply