Problem booting Debian after installing Ubuntu 9.10

Hello,

I have a dual-boot system with Ubuntu 9.10 and Debian 5.01.  I did a fresh installation of Ubuntu 9.10. After that though Debian 5.0.1 installation is shown in the boot menu, am unable to boot into Debian.

I get a message saying "error: You need to load the kernel first". Can anyone help solve this problem?  Or do i need to do a fresh install of Debian again?  And if I do, will there be any problem booting into Ubuntu 9.10 after that?

Regards,
Dimple.

Regards,
Dimple Patel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Library & Information Science,
Osmania University, Hyderabad. (http://sites.google.com/site/dimplerp)
Contribute to LDL: Librarians' Digital Library (https://drtc.isibang.ac.in)
DLIS, OU (http://sites.google.com/site/lisosmania)
A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed. ~ Archbishop Desmond Tutu, 1999

Try the new Yahoo! India Homepage. Click here.