Re: What's best way to use Debian w/o my laptop? Flash + union?

unforgettableid <unforgettableid <at> gmail.com> writes:
> 4.  At http://rtr.ca/run_from_ram/ there's a tool that easily lets you use some
> union filesystem on top of flash storage to speed things up.  I can set it up
> to union my laptop's internal HDD on top, when it's available.

Followup to explain how the tool described in 4. would work:

I can set up the tool from rtr.ca so that when I create or edit any file on my
PC, it's temporarily saved to my hard drive.  Then, when my PC is idle or I shut
my PC down, all the changed files are moved from my hard drive to the flash
card.  The flash card reads data quickly and writes data slowly, so I think this
will compensate quite well for the slow writes.