Re: rred segfault during aptitude update?

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 08:56:25AM -0500, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This morning, I found my X screen frozen right after update manager
> had done its daily update.  I was able to ctl-alt-bksp out of X.  I
> ran aptitude from the command line, and it failed, reporting that
> method rred had segfaulted.  This is more a heads up than anything; I
> guess I'll try again later.

A google search when I got this message this morning said that the cause
was a corrupt diff file. You can temporarily run

aptitude update -o Acquire::Pdiffs=false

to get the entire files instead of just the diffs.

--
Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook
beneath it. -- Thomas Jefferson