Catalyst & xorg1.7

Hi, I noticed your post at debian.org when I was scroogling for info' on the
catalyst xorg1.7 incompatibility.

I have been using Arch for a while, & due to the rolling release upgrade system,
those of us that were using catalyst 9.10 found that xorg1.7 is incompatible.

Here is a list of files that we must not upgrade so that catalyst will still work:

xf86-video-vesa xorg-server xf86-input-evdev xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-mouse

You can add xf86-input-synaptics to that list if you are using a notebook & it is
appropriate.

For those using 64bit systems, the upgraded lib32-* files work fine.

Going to the page in the following link:

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?sort=-last_update&arch=&repo=&q=xorg&last_update=&limit=50

will give you the date we got hit with this problem 31-10-09, & more importantly
the versions of the files listed above that are incompatible.

I hope I made sense to you in this note, & that this info' is of help to you &
any others suffering from this pain.  The workaround at least isn't too
difficult, it just means downgrading 5 or 6 files.

Regards,

handy