Re: wifi

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 08:10:55PM -0500, peter bouchard wrote:
> Hello
> I am new to the debian scene and i have no idea how to get the wifi
> suport i have looked online and cannot find anything. if you could
> please send me a link to a site that has a tutorial or please send me
> one. thank you very much and i like your operating system very much
> thank you verey much

If you are thinking to get wifi working, use network-manager or wicd.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch05.en.html#_the_network_configuration_for_desktop

Since these package in lenny was not mature enough at the time of
release, you may find backported packages to be more useful.

Osamu