Re: sshd

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 02:43:09PM +0100, Roy Stuivenberg wrote:
> I have a question concerning sshd.
> I'm unable to connect from outside to my Debian box.
> (Connection failed Service sshd
>
>         Date:        Sat, 31 Oct 2009 03:51:03 +0100
>         Action:      restart
>         Host:        rs-debian
> INET[localhost:50022] via TCP
>

> Regards,
>
> Roy Stuivenberg.
>
> -----------------------------------
> sshd_config :
>
> # What ports, IPs and protocols we listen for
> Port 22

Looks like your ssh client tries to connect to TCP port 50022, while the
ssh server is listening on port 22 (the standard for ssh).
The non-standard port may be set up on the command line or in a config
file:
$HOME/.ssh/config
/etc/ssh/ssh_config

Check on the server machine if the ssh server is listening:
netstat -ntl | grep 22

If this doesn't help, please post the commands you typed and their
output.

Regards,
Mirko