Re: floppy mounting

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
> dr.hugo.z.hackenbush:
>>
>> Hi, I am having trouble mounting the floppy in lenny .Can mount as root
>> but wont let me mount as user?  Tried   #adduser (name) floppy  in
>> terminal   but still wont let me in? any clues please?
>
> You need to login again after adding your user to the floppy group. Did
> you do that?

I would also recommend setting up pam to handle this for you using the
pam_group stuff.    Whoever logs in on the console (via tty or gdm)
should probably get access to all sorts of physical devices, like
floppy, audio devices, cd/dvd drives, and so on.

That way, if you ssh into your machine, you don't accidentally start
affecting local devices remotely (you'd have to explicitly go through
root to do so).

mrc