Skip file content checking in rsync

Hi all,

I have a setup where the disk is filled with great files. I would like to
use rsync to backup my data, but when rsync detects a file with different
content it starts to copy the matching parts of that file to a temporary
file and transfer the differences only and finally replaces the original
with the temp file. Of course this is the normal behaviour of rsync, but
when there is not enough free space on the target disk for the duplicate
rsync fails.

I have read the manual, google'd around and have not found any way to solve
this thing with rsync.

Is there any way I could tell the rsync to not use this method, so not
duplicate but delete the target file and transfer the whole?

I am currently deleting some files from the target just before rsyncing,
but this is an ugly hack I think.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Gabor