Re: Single server image distributed clusters still available

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 05:31:51 -0500
Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> John Haggerty put forth on 10/28/2009 4:01 AM:
> > Just checking to see if this actually made it to the list. I would hate
> > to think that the only way to use this method is to have to use a
> > different and 4 year old version of an operating system (Fedora Core 3) :(
> >
> > Is there something in debian for this for use shared, memory, processor,
> > and disk space for things like this?
>
> Sounds like Mosix might punch your ticket here:
>
> http://www.mosix.org/
>
> --
> Stan

AFAIK the only options that are still alive are the commercial mosix solution
and the open source kerrighed.

Both require a custom kernel and toolset I believe, and take some work to
setup. I don't think that any of them have packages for any distribution (they
are design for people who can hack their system in the first place).

At least kerrighed should have a boot disk to test the nodes