Re: What is the recommendation for a note software with tag support.

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
In my opinion, it should be something like this.
 1. Taking note in a very simple way.
 2. The notes could take some tags.
 3. I could browse all my notes, by date, by tag, etc.

You need Emacs's Org-mode.  See http://orgmode.org/.  I use it for
taking notes regularly -- sometimes on the fly, during a discussion of
a lecture.  You can tag any note with arbitrary tags and with dates.
You can then browse these notes any which way you want.

You can even insert links to files or WWW sites in your notes.  You
can quickly draw ASCII tables and diagrams in your notes.  You can
even do calculations!

The GNU Emacs 22.2.1 that I got with Lenny had an older version of
Org-mode (4.something).  The current version (6.32b) is much better.

Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - athene.org.in/girish