Re: Inquiry:External USB modem and Remote PC Access?

If it's supposed to answer the phone, I think that there is a getty app that does that, never did it and I'm not sure how many people did in the last sever years.

as for a pc-anywhere solution, you can do one of several

ssh into the box with x forwarding if you want to run X apps and just run them, you will see a gui at your end. ssh is supposed to take care of setting up which display to show the apps on. You can also run in text mode.

use a vnc server to show the remote desktop

setup x to accept remote connection and log in remotely (gdm/kdm etc support this)