Re: broken packages

Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install a deb package from a website, it only parcially
> installed, and now won't remove. I've even tried using the --force
> option, it just says I should try reinstalling, but when I do that I get
> errors with installations. So how do I remove this package from my
> system? Because dpkg won't remove it no matter what I try i just tried
> the usual way as well as with the --force option..

Unfortunately my crystall ball is broken, so I'm unable to find out what
could be causing the problem. You'll have to resort to the old-fashioned
way of posting the output of the commands you try so that someone can
come up with a solution.

--
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
		-- Will Rogers

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br