RE: Awstats Cron job not executing

 <[🔎] 20091027012939.GA19189@localhost.localdomain>

> Try becoming the www-data user and trying the above

> line from the command line directly? perhaps you'll get some helpful

> output.

Actually I did intended to send the output of the above in my original mail=
 but I forgot. Here is the output:
debian:~# sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -updat=
e -config=3Dmydomain

Create/Update database for config "/etc/awstats/awstats.mydomain.conf" by A=
WStats version 6.7 (build 1.892)
>From data in log file "/var/log/apache2/access.log"...
Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/apache2/access.log" : Permis=
sion denied
Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.mydoamin.conf' file=2C web server or permissio=
ns) may be wrong.
Check config file=2C permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' direc=
tory).
debian:~#=20

Not sure where else I need to give permission to www-data. As noted in my p=
revious mail=2C access.log already has "read" permission. Also I checked "a=
wstats.mydomain.conf" but did not find anything related to www-data and cro=
n jobs.

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

 		 	   		 =20
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=3DPID24727::T:=
WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:102009=