Help finding a compatibility library

Hi,

I'm running Debian Lenny and I've been told that I need some glibc compatibility libraries for some software that I need to run. Unfortunately I only have some RedHat RPM names.

This is my system information:

GNU C Library (EGLIBC) stable release version 2.9, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.3.4.
Compiled on a Linux >>2.6.26-2-amd64<< system on 2009-08-16.

And the packages I've been told to install:

compat-glibc, compat-libstdc++ and compat-libstdc++-devel

I'm a little confused as to why there seem to be standard RPM's for this but not their analogues for Debian. The only thing I could find that was similar was glibc6. I'd be very grateful if someone could help me sort this out.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20