Re: resolvconf error

Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Fri October 23 2009, you wrote:
what do I need to do to make dns work every time I reboot, without me
having to twiddle something?
Sorry Paul

See debian-reference Chapter 5

well, actually it is:
6.1.2. The hostname resolution
The resolvconf package makes this /etc/resolv.conf into a symbolic link and manages its contents by the hook scripts automatically.
------------
so this is what I changed my /etc/network/interfaces file to include, lets see if that is what it wants....:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.10.2
netmask 255.255.255.0
dns-nameserver 192.168.10.1 gateway 192.168.10.1

Paul

  You ,might want to add your ISP's nameservers to the dns-nameserver line.

Wayne

I'm putting this back on the list so that others can learn too.