Re: How to uninstall a kernel and *all* of its "dependencies"?

Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 23. 10. 2009 10:06:48 je Dale napisal(a):
>
>> the easiest way is to in synaptics just search for 'linux' and remove
>> the kernels you not need, ie linux images and linux headers etc for
>> the versions you want.
>>

> Thanx. Will that take care automagically for the related kernel modules
> and the like? I mean, I won't have to manually remove subdirs such as,
> say, 'lib/modules/2.6.30-bpo.2-amd64/misc/fglrx.ko'? Will it also clean
> my /boot/grub/menu.lst of the entries no longer needed?

Why don't you just give it a try and follow up with any questions or
problems you face?

--
Johannes

Three nations have not officially adopted the International System
of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Burma,
Liberia, and the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si_units