Re: How to uninstall a kernel and *all* of its "dependencies"?

2009/10/23 Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr>:
> Howdie, fellow Debianites!
>
> My daily question for today:
>
> this morning, another kernel update was proposed to me by the Gnome
> update applet. As I already have three kernels on my Lenny system (the
> 2.6.26-1-amd64 and 2.6.26-2-amd64, as well as a a backported 2.6.30-
> bpo.2-amd64), my grub startup list is beginning to look
> a bit clobbered.
>
> How can I go uninstalling some of the unneeded kernels (particularly
> the backports one which didn't meet my needs in the end) and make sure
> that *everything* that got installed by their respective packages -- or
> built against the particular kernel, such as my wireless and graphics
> modules -- gets uninstalled as well? What is the "Debian way" of
> finding which packages will be obsoleted by uninstalling a particular
> kernel, so that I can prevent cruft from building up?
>
> And ... ehm ... yes, well, I admit, I'm using Synaptics ...
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Klistvud
> Certifiable Loonix User #481801

the easiest way is to in synaptics just search for 'linux' and remove
the kernels you not need, ie linux images and linux headers etc for
the versions you want.

--
[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level