Re: Debian 5

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 16:27, Matthew Smith <matt@smiffytech.com> wrote:
> Quoth Tanco . at 2009-10-22 18:28...
>> Which rare intel CPUs?
>> p4 core2duo , p4 D series processors.. got nothing
>> however even if the cpu version is wrong..
>> the start screen should show up?
>> I get completely nothing from the Install?
>
> Core2Duo is amd64, not ia64.  I believe that ia64 is used in some
> servers, but the common one is amd64 as the previous poster said.

More over, to install amd64 guest OS into virtualbox, you probably need
CPUs that support VT-X, and need that feature enabled in both virtualbox
and BIOS. You may check whether your CPUs support that feature by:

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep vmx

Besides, please note in some weird BIOS VT-X cannot be turned on