Re: IBM DS 8300 SAN reporting different LUN friendly name than CentOS.

Hello,
I found at the final section of [0] , tips and tricks, item 1.1 the following

"Persistent device names: The names (uid_names or mpath names or alias names)
that appear in /dev/mapper are persistent across boots, and the names dm-, dm-1
etc., can change between reboots. So, it is advisable to use the device names
that appear under /dev/mapper and avoid using the dm-? names."

So, I "guess" that the previously cited differences between friendly names was
due to different machines booting.
Is it a correct assumption?
Thanks.
Andre Felipe Machado