Re: How to fix gnome-panel item size

Santanu Chatterjee wrote:

> I find the gnome panel's items to be too large (in height). Please see
> the attached screenshot (the "Games" item, for example). I would like
> to reduce the height as much as possible. I feel I should look into
> the theme's gtkrc file for this. But I could not pinpoint any
> particular line I should modify.
>
> Could you please point me to the correct line to edit?

I believe you mean the item height in the *menu*.

The font size is determined under System > Preferences > Appearance > Fonts
> Application Font , but that won't change the menu size.

Icons display can be removed in GConf, aka Configuration Editor, under
/schemas/desktop/gnome/interface/menus_have_icons , but that still won't
change the menu size.

(At least I bumped you up and maybe added some context! :))

--
Freeman