RE: Ethernet CRC errors statistics in Linux

Kevin,

Thanks for providing all the information from your end. I did read somewhere that many times kernel driver will not report back at CRC errors found in the Physical layer even though there is a counter for that.

Also, in our previous email, where you posted your stats, I noticed that you didn't have any errors on the interface that is internal (eth-int). Is the box with forcedeth driver statistics also internal?

I did check another box with e1000 driver and I don't see anything in error, frame, drop, etc.

Looks like I will have to do some more research here.

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/