Re: Iceape Problems - Is there hope for Squeeze?

Thomas H. George wrote:
Checking I found iceape-suite in Stable and Sid but no longer in
Squeeze.

When I upgraded to Squeeze iceape came along but it is a mess.  On
startup it says a security component is missing and cannot retrieve
emails from some sites.  In accessing web pages it cannot display pdf
files and some video formats although if the files can be downloaded the
installed apps - xpdf for example - can display these files.

I found that icedove can download the emails and iceweasel can play an
flv movie.

Should I abandon the iceape suite in favor of these individual apps?

Tom

Hi,
I have SeaMonkey 2.0rc1 on Squeeze. Just extract to /opt/seamonkey and run /opt/seamonkey/seamonkey If you are not addicted to IceApe i think this is best solution until IceApe come to Squeeze.
Mail, browser, irc,...everything works fine.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic