Re: Samba Problem

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Jeff Grossman <jeff@stikman.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded by Testing system from Samba 3.3.4-1 to 3.4.2-1 yesterday
> and now I am not able to connect my Windows Vista machine to my Debian
> machine.  I have tried to Google for an answer and have not been able to
> find anything.  Did something with authentication change between those two
> versions that I missed somewhere?

>From the release notes of 3.4.0:

The default passdb backend has been changed to 'tdbsam'! That breaks existing
setups using the 'smbpasswd' backend without explicit declaration! Please use
'passdb backend = smbpasswd' if you would like to stick to the 'smbpasswd'
backend or convert your smbpasswd entries using e.g. 'pdbedit -i smbpasswd -e
tdbsam'.