Re: Computer overheating

Vinicius Massuchetto wrote:

> After the last upgrade on sid my laptop went crazy and seems to be
> working hard all the time. It remembers me when I convert a video or
> play a 3D game using the Nvidia card for a long time.
>
> Can the problem be with the upgrade I did? What configuration can be causing it?

Probably the Nvida; at least, its driver. I have a similar problem on my
laptop. I have to be careful with flash and playing some videos formats.
To alleviate the problem, I lower the cpu freq when I know there will be
an issue.

A test I use is to run glxgears, then gradually enlarge the window. At
some point, the fps will drop to single figures and the cpu will max
out.

--
Best,
Marc