Re: How to REALLY restart networking?

Dne, 14. 10. 2009 13:38:51 je Sjoerd Hardeman napisal(a):
> Might I suggest using wicd instead of network-manager?

I might try that eventually, if I *really* can't get network-manager to
work. I'm trying to keep my Debian install as "default" as I can, as I
have strong confidence in the Debian team and their choice of packages.

> For wicd (and I thought also network manager), they communicate with
> the
> user client via dbus. Restarting nm or wicd might result in a
> breakage
>
> of that communication. Rebooting dbus with
>   /etc/init.d/dbus restart
> solves that problem.

Good tip! I'll definitely try that the next time the issue occurs.

> By the way, network manager is restarted by
>   /etc/init.d/network-manager restart
>   /etc/init.d/network-manager-dispatcher restart

Thanx. Obviously, that was just a typo on my part. I copy the names
from /etc/init.d anyway, precisely because I never seem to remember
them from memory.

--
Certifiable Loonix User #481801