Looking for simple s2disk implementation

Hi Folks

I am in the process of setting up Leny on a Sony Vaio VGN-CS110E. So far, so good, although I've had to use a kernel from backports to get the Wifi going. This has actually been my all-time easiest Linux on a laptop installation.

Much to my delight, I have found that s2disk just works. If I invoke s2disk from the command line (as root,) it suspends fine. Shut the lid. Open the lid again and it resumes.

The only minor issue is that the wireless network interface *thinks* that it is working after a resume, but isn't. I am, therefore, writing a bit of Perl to look at the state of the network interfaces, record that state, down the interfaces and then call s2disk.

What I can't figure out how to do is how to get a script to run after resume. I've looked at the hibernate system but it appear overly complex for what I want and besides, I have a bash allergy ;-)

The man pages for s2disk/resume the uswsusp.conf are not forthcoming on how to execute something after resume has done it's business.

Ideas, anyone?

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business:      http://www.smiffytech.com/