Upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze: X failed.

Greetings and happy weekend folks,

I previously tried upgrading from Lenny to squeeze:

1. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to reflect squeeze

2. aptitude update

3. aptitude install apt dpkg aptitude

4. aptitude full-upgrade

The upgrade seemed to go well however, on reboot it failed to go into X.
The suspected video culprit is nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS (rev
a1).

I have since reinstalled but would still prefer Squeeze. I would
appreciate and advice on how to proceed. I do apologize for the lack of
log entries and the vagueness of the question.

--
Best regards,

Chris

	"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"