Debian 5.0.3 Icedove attachments delete/ detach flaky

debian-user:

I have been using Debian 5.0.3 as my primary desktop machine for ~2 weeks. I've noticed that detaching and/or deleting attachments from messages in Icedove sometimes works, sometimes fails, and sometimes fails spectacularly (locks up while it creates duplicate messages with all or some of the attachments!).

STFW and the Debian bug tracking system didn't reveal any direct hits.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

David