RE: Network interface testing utlity

>To measure only the media, the best place to make such measurements is
> at the link level (e.g. the Network Card) if that card can be made to
> tell you when it detects block errors
Let's say the card supports measuring those block errors. Do you happen
to know about any such utility that let's you measure that? You happen to
mention about *wireshark* but upon reading it's user guide, I didn't find anything
about measuring error rates of any kind.

For the Plan C (measuring throughput), I think iperf is a good tool.

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/