Re: Debian Testing and ext4 :?

Szymon G schreef:
> hi
> I've got question: can i install Debian Squeezy (installed from one of
> those cds http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/
> ) be installed properly on ext4 (with seperate /boot on ext3)? i mean:
> will it boot properly etc etc?
> just wanna ask before i'll download it and format my harddrive :)
>
> szymon
I just converted my disk (hosting a Debian squeeze install) to ext4, using this howto: http://www.debian-administration.org/article/Migrating_a_live_system_from_ext3_to_ext4_filesystem So far, I did not notice any problems. By the way, if you use grub2 you don't need an ext3 /boot partition. Grub2 will boot from ext4.

Good luck!
Sjoerd

PS. My apologies for the double mail. Hit the wrong button again...