Re: Running WindowsXP on debian

Mathieu Malaterre schreef:
Hi there,

  I need to run a WindowsXP system for software compilation using M$
compiler (don't ask). Right now wine is not a solution (*). I cannot
run a solution based on kvm extension as non of the computer I have
access to have it. So AFAIK I only have two solution: qemu and XEN.
Could anyone please suggest a solution (I only need to install Visual
Studio and run cl/nmake). As a side note all documentation on XEN I
found out seems really old, so a link to up to date documentation for
debian lenny/squeeze would be very appreciated.
You can run Win XP in Virtualbox. It is simple to set up and, once installed, runs in user space. I think it is far simpler than using the qemu or XEN solutions, which are actually meant for running virtual servers on a small host os.

Sjoerd