Another Firefox and sound problem

This is an intermittent problem with no discernible pattern, other than that it is a problem with sound and flash. Most of the time flash works just fine. Every now and then, however, the video will continue as it should, but the audio gets stuck in about a one second continuous loop. So far, I have to close Firefox down and usually I find that there is a runaway Firefox process that needs to be shut down as well (just like in the thread about getting sound back). Does anyone know how to fix this?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com