Re: gateway disappears on reboot

On Wed September 30 2009, Wayne Topa wrote:
> resolv.conf and resolvconf are not the same thing.  You should install
> the resolvconfig package to help solve your problem, and be sure to read
> the man page.

I have resolvconf installed. I think I ran this:
SYNOPSIS
       cat FILE | resolvconf -a INTERFACE

with my file that had the dns-nameserver entries. right now I am recovering
from the flu, so my head hurts! I still can't find the file resolvconf uses
to update /etc/resolv.conf or am I missing the point.. ah, from the
README.gz:
/usr/share/doc/resolvconf/README.Debian

> If you do not have the debian-reference installed you are missing a very
> important package that you can use to find answers to many of your
> questions/problems, yourself.

nice, I saved that as 1 html file in my FF toolbar!
thanks!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800