Re: dhclient DHCPREQUEST loop

Hello List,

Michael Pobega wrote:
On  0, Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@mailsnare.net> wrote:
Hello List,

on my Lenny box, the message

dhclient: DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to n.n.n.n port 67

is printed continuously on the syslog file.

[...]

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

I get this problem on some networks; it seems to me that some routers just
don't play nicely with dhclient. I've tried multiple times to find the source,
but I've yet to have any luck.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If I were you I'd contact your system
administrator.

I least someone has the same trouble with dhclient.

Concerning my system administrator, let put in this way:
my Company is running Windows stuff, and the system administrator
does not seem very cooperative.

Anyway, in fact, I can refine the description of the trouble:
the request is looping after the lease time (as set by the dhcp server),
and after a while the request is answered, and then no request is done
until the end of the lease time. So it is a kind of periodic behaviour.

As I have no control over the dhcp server,
I wonder if dhclient can manage the bad behaviour of the router
by setting some parameters.

Thanks,
Jerome

--