Re: Linux debian lenny 64bit installing ORACLE 64 11g

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:46:34 +0500
Daniel Suleyman <danikpro@gmail.com> wrote:

> but noü i have interesting error, as i understood oracle use own
> shiped java regardles of the system java maybe this is be problem?

	Sorry for a delayed answer - I had some network problems in the
meantime.

	Oracle has its own built-in virtual machine, but as far as I
know it does not use it during installation - its only used by the DBMS
later on for some internal operations and execution of Java stored
procedures.

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError ...

	This seems very similar to the one described here:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=1830497

	Could you please try to check if any of the solutions proposed
in this thread helps?

	Did you verify that the packages downloaded correctly?
Checksums should be available at the Oracle download site.

> *here is my env*

	I just did a quick search, and Tim Hall provides a nice
installation tutorial specifically for 11g2:
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/OracleDB11gR2InstallationOnEnterpriseLinux5.php

	What is interesting to note is that the exception you get is
most often associated with missing paths on the Java classpath, what
seems to be confirmed by your environment setup... Could you please try
to set up the CLASSPATH variable as advised by Tim? And if that fails
work the newer tutorial step by step?

Regards,
--
Michał Bożek