RE: Audigy 2 Value

I don't have the sound card you mention, but I did a little searching,
including the Wikipedia article about the Audigy series.  Wikipedia says the
Audigy Value is based on the CA0106 chip, but not the Audigy 2 Value.  The
ALSA wiki also says the emu10k1 driver is the correct one:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Creative_Labs