Spurious troubles, possibly IPv6 related

Hello,

[Debian unstable, mostly up to date, but still running 2.6.29-1-amd64]

I just switched to a higher speed with my provider and this also
involved a change of modems (VDSL vs. ADSL). The first thing I noticed
(except the increased speed ;) ) was that www.google.com and some other
sites too take a very long time to resolve. In case it's relevant the
modem is ZyXEL P-870HW-51a V2.

I immediately blacklisted ipv6 (I'm still running 2.6.29 for other
reasons, so this works) and now browsing (with  iceweasel) works, but
some apps have aprox. 15 seconds delay in everything. The most
interesting seems to be mtr:

$ mtr -4 google.com

 - works

$ mtr google.com

 - prints: "Couldn't get fd's flags: Bad file descriptor"
 - waits for about 25 sec.
 - then works but shows at the top:
 "Resolver: Received error response 2. (server failure)er of fields"
 (copy-paste, not a typo)

$ mtr -6 google.com

 - prints: "Couldn't get fd's flags: Bad file descriptor"
 - waits for about 25 sec.
 - fails with: "Name or service not known: Success"
 (no surprise here since IPv6 is disabled in the kernel)

Other examples:

$ aptitude download linux-source-2.6.30 # good for speedtests ;)
 - approx. 15 sec. "Connecting to ftp.at.debian.org" and then starts
   downloading

getmail from google or gmx
 - approx. 15 sec. waiting and then the session works as usual

# ping google.com
 - works without delay

# dig google.com
 - works without delay