Re: No low-disk-space notification in Gnome?

Dne, 21. 09. 2009 15:36:03 je Liviu Andronic napisal(a):
> On 9/21/09, Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> >  I'm running dangerously low on disk space in my /home partition,
> but
> >  Gnome has not once alerted me disk space was low. Is this a known
> Gnome
> >
> I don't know about Gnome, but Xfce has a xfce4-fsguard-plugin for the
> panel, which alerts you for any defined mount point and danger level.
> Dunno if you can put in on the Gnome panel, but you can use it in
> Xfce. Otherwise, there might be some similar applet for gnome.
> Liviu
>

> --

Actually, Gnome AFAICT does have such a functionality, though it's not
a separate applet per se. It's just that the functionality
apparently
is not functioning ;). Obviously, I'd rather not install applets
from
other DEs, as Gnome is bloated enough as it is -- i'd simply like to
actually use its built-in functionalities. Maybe it's just my
system,
some odd misconfiguration... That's why I'd like to know if this is a
universal Debian/Gnome bug or just limited to my system ;)

--
Certifiable Loonix User 481801