Re: Packaging gcc

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
09/22/2009 10:17 AM, shampavman:
So i cannot remove it nor can i install the new ones.. How do i go about
making my changes now?

- get the source package
- make your modifications
- rebuild it, incrementing the build number
- upgrade by just installing with "dpkg -i package_name.deb"

Thats exactly what I did.. But there is a small issue i need to understand..
There are more than one pkg(gcc, gcc-4.3, so on)
And in such a case how am i suppose to know which pkg sources to collect?
What I want to do is to actually create a few symlinks to gcc.
Now i tried it out with gcc itself and made it work.
Currently what Im doing is something like this...
assuming I want to create a symlink like so link --> orginal
#dpkg -S original
xys: original
so i download the sources for xys and do the necessary modifications...
Is what Im doing right?

--
Regards,
Shampavman c.g