Re: nvidia problems after upgrade

On Fri September 18 2009, Jaime Tarrant wrote:

> > marc <gmane@auxbuss.com> wrote:
> > > It is? How do you do that?
> >
> > Google for sgfxi and use that.
> > Chris
>

> +1 for sgfxi. It works a treat.

+2. I tried ( again) to do it the Debian way, and after I installed all the
packages, ran all those command-lines, rebooted, I was ( again) met with the
same text-based login prompt & GDM wouldn't start. So I ( yet again) removed
all the nvidia packages, reran sgfxi -c, rebooted....ahhhh.. back to my
NVIDIA driver. what I have never understood, is why, when my video driver
breaks, it also breaks my network. Every time I boot up & GDM doesn't start,
my network is broken too.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800