Re: CPU default frequency is at 75%

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Nowadays, power management is important for all machines nowadays, and

    Not to the point where it overrides user preference or causes problems
with the machine.  I've got one machine where every time the power manager
decided to adjust my CPU speed the entire machine froze for 2-3 seconds until
the power manager got the word my CPU doesn't scale.  So 15s later it tried
again.  Having your machine freeze every 15s for 2-3s is not usable.  The
lengths I went to to rip out power management was excessive.  There aught to
be a simple "Shut up, Mr. Scott and give me all she's got!" button, period.