Re: Problem with ldap auth

Guillaume CHARDIN schreef:
Hi,

recently I had a debian lenny workstation on my network where
authentication is handled by an openldap server. On this debian
workstation, i'm unable to connect with my user account while I'm able
with others fedora (9-10-11) workstation.
I'm still able to connect has local root and when I execute a `getent
passwd` or `getent group` everything work fine. And the system display
the users and users groups membership or home dir.
Today I saw a new weird thing, I'm able to connect with ssh with a
user with a ~/ssh/authorized_keys populated.

So I think it's a pam password handling problem but i check the
/etc/pam.d/common* files and nothing inside as my knowledge seem to be
wrong. Maybe someone could give me some advice to debug this annoying
behavior, because all my user do not use public/private keys and i
planned to replace some of my workstation with debian distrib :)
Can you add the option 'debug' in /etc/pam.d/common-auth to the line of pam_ldap? What do you see when you try to log in in /var/log/auth.log? And when you log in as root, does changing passwords work?

Sjoerd