Re: How to install updated terminfo entry in home directory?

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 07:00:08PM +0200, Otto Maddox wrote:
> I have been having DEL/delete/backspace problems, the cause of which I
> have traced to the following bug report:

> In summary, version 5.5-5 of libncurses5 (and libncurses5-dev) is
> installed on this system, it has an incorrect terminfo entry for
> xterm-color, and I have no superuser privileges to upgrade it.
>
> Can somebody please tell me how I can get the latest Debian-compatible
> terminfo entry for xterm-color and install it in my home directory?

ncurses manpage describes TERMINFO and TERMINFO_DIRS environment variables
which override ncurses' search for terminal descriptions.

Setting TERMINFO, you can override tic's target for installing updated
terminal descriptions.

infocmp provides a copy of a terminal description which can be edited.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net