Re: I would like to eject my cdrom

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 12:33:12AM EDT, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 03:34:46PM -0400, Chris Jones wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 08:37:08AM EDT, John Hasler wrote:

[..]

> > > He's having trouble getting the eject button to work.
> >
> > I didn't see that flag in the manual.. debian "lenny" as others
> > hinted.
> >
> > When I saw all the replies, I was initially concerned I might have
> > started a major flame war with my innocent "-i ?".
> >
> > :-/

> No. You mean ":-)". AIUI Stable is the distribution supported by Debian.
> If you are running testing or unstable you *should* know how to read man
> pages, check for for bugs, google, etc  etc.
>
> IOW assume the question is about Lenny unless explicit that it isn't.
>
> Of course, if you know the poster then you should already have a rough
> understanding of what they are running.

I was only asking John to confirm the "-i" flag. Since I was unable to
find such a flag mentioned in the man page, there was an outside chance
it might have been a typo.

For some reason, I've never had anything that refused to "eject".. so I
was not going to hunt down all past, current, and future versions of the
eject program and check their manuals, changes, documentation bugs, etc.

When I saw all the replies, before I looked at their contents, I said to
myself, now how could three innocent characters have elicited such quick
and fairly voluminous response - hence my :-/  skepticism¹.

CJ

¹feigned or real, naturally..