Re: Disabling avahi

On 2009-09-07 16:10, Chris Davies wrote:
Can anyone please give me any suggestions how I can permanently disable
avahi?

I don't want it playing around with any of my systems' network settings
as it doesn't seem to be able to read my mind sufficiently well to get
them right, yet. (It appears to manage to break static IP addresses and
static DNS settings on any network that is capable of providing these
values by DHCP. Worryingly, it appears to be broken by design...??)

What's in /etc/default/avahi-daemon?

--
Brawndo's got what plants crave.  It's got electrolytes!