Linux error

Hi all:

(Sorry, I'm sending this message once again because it seems to be arriving empty to de Inbox)

I installed Lenny stable 5.0.2a over the weekend on my DELL Inspiron 8100 notebook. Everything worked OK including the wireless network.

However, when getting at the office where an identical access point is configured except for the wireless key, things doesn’t seem to work.

When I open the System->Administration->Network (administrative password requested and provided) option under the main menu and chose Wireless connection properties, everything is disabled. Once I clear the “Enable roaming mode” I’m able to configure the “Wireless Settings” where I can see a Percent value displayed next to the ESSID which I assume is the wireless signal.

After all these It seems that I’m still disconnected. No pings to the gateway and no Internet browsing even after ifdown and ifup  on the wireless device eth1. and etc/network/interfaces still contains previous values.

I’ll proceed to change values manually into the “interfaces” file, but I’d like to know if I’m doing something wrong or if there’s anything happening with the network configuration through the graphical interface.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Oscar Corte

check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages