How to use apache2-dbg with gdb

Hey all,

I'm in the process of debugging a stange Apache+PHP related problem.
(process taking cpu time, but strace -p $PID doesn't show anything for
this process)

I'd like to use gdb to look into the apache process and therefore
installed the debugging symbols for apache2 (package apache2-dbg).

How do I take advantage of those debugging symbols now?
Is there an option to tell gdb to use those files as symbol sources?

Thanks very much in advance,

Christian

--
Content Delivery Server u. Dienste
Network Engineering & Design

NETCOLOGNE Gesellschaft für Telekommunikation mbH
Am Coloneum 9 | 50829 Köln
Tel: 0221 2222-5751 | Fax: 0221 2222-75751
http://www.netcologne.de

 Geschäftsführer:
 Werner Hanf
 Dipl.-Ing. Karl-Heinz Zankel