Re: Laptop getting so warm : (

Hi, look what I got here:

hashimoto@debian-lap:~$ acpitool -t
  Thermal info   : <not available>
hashimoto@debian-lap:~$

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 22:15 +0100, Liviu Andronic wrote:
Hello

On 8/29/09, Hashimoto <xano.tte@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi guys, I'm back ; )
>
>  But with the same problem : (
>
>  My laptop is getting near to 70C easily running firefox or a virtual machine in VirtualBox.

Did you play with cpufreq-info and cpufreq-set? I often put the --max
to some intermidiary value while choosing the ondemand governor. This
ensures reponsive system and acceptably low temp. Alos, 70C could be
just fine. Here on AMD with performance governor 75C is idle temp.
With ondemand, 60C is idle temp and I do not start getting worried
until the temp gets to 90C.

liviu@debian-liv:~$ acpitool -t
  Thermal zone 1 : ok, 63 C
  Trip points :