Thread hijacking (was: Install gcc)

On 2009-08-28 16:07 +0200, David Young wrote:

> On Fri, August 28, 2009 8:52 am, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> And please refrain from hijacking threads in the future.  When you
>> have
>> a problem not already discussed here, write a new message instead of
>> replying to an unrelated one.
>
> I appreciate your reply, but I don't believe I hijacked a thread.
> "Install gcc" is my original subject line that started the thread,
> yes?

No, look at the "References" header in your message¹.  When starting a
new thread, this header does not exist, because there are no messages
you are referring to.

Hitting "Reply all" (or whatever you did) and changing subject does
*not* start a new thread.

Sven

¹ http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/08/msg01985.html